The demographic change is in full effect in Europe and Japan. Populations are aging and shrinking. Societies in India, China and African countries are growing. By 2030, half of Nigeria's population will be under 15, while half of Japan's will be over 52. The contrast between shrinking and aging industrial states and the young populations of economically developing states brings many challenges. Solutions for Europe could be the improved integration of migrants and higher numbers of women in employment. In the growing countries, education measures and the creation of jobs for educated people are required.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts