Smart home refers to the intelligent connection of home technology and household appliances. Connected kitchen machines, context-aware radiator thermostats and smartphone-based lock systems are moving step-by-step into smart apartments and houses. Comfort, security and energy-efficiency are the central themes of home automation. It has been forecast that around 500 household appliances will be connected to each other in every smart home by the year 2022. The next step will see media and entertainment systems personalizing living spaces even further with their worlds of sounds and images. As part of the demographic changes, ambient assisted living systems will become more important for living independently with the aid of robots for the home.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts