Not only are our end devices becoming more intelligent, our homes are too. Smartphones are becoming universal controllers for everything in the home, from the lights to the heating to the coffee machine. Even individual objects in the home are networked to each other. Motion alarms, sensors and intelligent measuring devices (such as for electricity voltages) allow furnishings to make a wealth of information available, send messages and adjust features to each other. Smart Homes will not only save energy, but also increase convenience. As part of the demographic change, age-appropriate assistance systems for living alone (Ambient Assisted Living) combined with household robots will become increasingly important.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts