We can now take part in the lives of other people like never before. The feeds and streams of the most frequently used social media channels Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat show us how friends and interesting celebrities travel, live, eat and party. The contents offer followers inspiration and orientation, while coming across as aesthetically polished on occasion or sometimes as totally ordinary. The portrayed reality is becoming more intense, not least because of 360-degree videos. This development is moving ever closer towards a continuous live broadcast which has already taken the place of regular television among the younger target groups. Some users and influencers display authenticity and honesty, and are willing to show their tears or publicly break taboos.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts