It began with mobile phones held up at concerts and is today continually evolving through new technologies: Life Sharing. Life Sharing means allowing others to share in your own life by sharing experiences and activities via a diverse range of communication channels. A part of this process involves people orchestrating their online identities and choosing how the rest of the world sees them (Impression Management). In addition to posts and photos, an increasing number of streaming apps are being integrated into social networks, allowing users to share moments live. Lifelogging goes one step further, using webcams or small portable cameras to document everyday life. Applicable here is that real time increases authenticity.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts