Hidden behind monitors and keyboards during the previous decades, the computer is emerging from behind these classic input and output devices as they increasingly disappear. Tablets and terminals are replacing them. Storage capacity and processing power is increasingly being outsourced to the Cloud. Cloud Computing has become a fixture in the lives of many people. Whether it's using social networks or sharing content from an online archive, many people move through the Cloud without even noticing it. In contrast to the Cloud are distributed systems such as the Blockchain solutions made popular by Bitcoin. These draw on the computational power of all participating devices for a common use.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts