The online marketplace has its own means of payment. Whether in virtual online worlds or with coupons handed out for marketing purposes, digital currencies often serve to guide money into a closed business cycle and keep it there. A special feature of this comes in the form of so-called cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, which are decentrally encrypted and therefore require no central administration. Where they were once of interest in times of financial crisis chiefly as investments, cryptocurrencies are now becoming widely used even offline as an accepted method of payment. The competition between state and digital currencies will change the trade and finance sectors considerably.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts