The marketplace of the internet has its own payment method: Whether it's in virtual online worlds or for coupons issued for marketing purposes, digital currencies often serve to introduce cash streams to a closed economy and keep it there. A peculiarity to this are decentralised crypto currencies existing without the need for centralised financial institutions. They were initially of interest as an investment during the financial crisis. Now crypto currencies are accepted as a payment method in many places, including in the real world. The competition between digital and conventional currencies will enormously influence retail and finance.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts