The desire for distinction increasingly expresses itself in the personalisation of products, services and experiences. Customers use digital configurators to individualise and shape things for themselves, or they have things individualised for them by granting companies insights into their preferences via social media. For example, rooms can be furnished according to taste with modularly designed furniture worlds and updated later on to suit. The creation and possession of highly individualised products and experiences is becoming a new status symbol and gives consumers the feeling of living uniquely.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts