Chatbots are applications that interact with users via text messages. Driven by the general development of increased communication via chat apps like WhatsApp, more and more user interfaces are being replaced or complemented by chatbots. They are currently proving to be a versatile communications tool and are used in areas such as marketing, customer service and as language trainers. Whereas systems used only be able to act within strictly defined frameworks of questions and answers, newer developments are capable of complex dialogues thanks to their connection to large datasets and ability to learn from previous conversations. In future, communication among bots as representatives of their users will play an even greater role.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts