An essential technological basis for mega trend Shy Tech is the wireless connectivity of devices, meaning the transmission of data or electricity. One transmission path is radio, including Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth and its more efficient version BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), which people know from Apple's iBeacon. Optical transmission transfers data via light (Li-Fi), which often uses LEDs. In the future it will be possible to wirelessly transfer electricity. Charging mats for smartphones transmit electricity via magnetic fields. Transmitting electricity via sound waves has also proven possible in initial tests.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts