The Web of Things allows objects to be digitally networked to become information carriers. The points were objects connect will become hyperlinks which communicate with the environment and exchange information. Physical objects become communication channels and will work like websites. They are clickable, sortable and interactive. Technical enablers of the Web of Things are primarily visual codes (object hyperlinking), image recognition and sensors such as RFID or NFC chips.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts