The term Wearable Tech means clothing and accessories with built-in electrical components or which are made from intelligent materials. Often they are initially designed for space travel or for people with disabilities to then later find diverse application areas in our digitally networked lives. Many of these devices are connected to each other or to our smartphones, providing us with clear tracking and convenient control. Particularly popular are smartwatches worn on our wrists as accessories. Powered by ever more flexible, robust and powerful electronics, the clothing of the future will become a part of the Internet of Things.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts