Knowledge is the key to success in an economy characterised by creative impulses and ideas. Innovative technologies are shaking up the educational sector and democratising education. First there were online courses, which transported the principle of Open University into the digital age, making education available to anyone via platforms such as Udacity, Coursera and edX. For continued education, the purchase of "nanodegrees" is highly promising: These focus on learning highly specific skills which graduates can quickly implement in their careers. Adaptive technologies for personalising educational content is also being used today. Knewton, Beluga and CogBooks are examples of such personalised learning platforms.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts