Social Software is the heart of the internet. Social Software enables digital communication and teamwork between people online and is the basis for all networking stages. Most websites have at least social plug-ins, and therefore the possibility to forward content directly to social networks or microblogging sites. The use of platforms is usually free; users pay with their data and receive targeted advertising. The continual development of the game forms of Social Software are also increasing the range of possibilities for brand communication. However, the attribute “Social” could soon be stretched to its limit when it becomes possible to network with others in every website, app and game.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts