The convergence of the analogue and digital world is seen in smart integrated systems in which the physical and digital manifastations are united. Sensors, displays and projectors diffuse in physical objects which were previously non-electrical, such as windscreen wipers and magazines. Surfaces such as bathroom mirrors become interfaces offering a range of features that allows users to see their calendars or read messages etc. On the other hand, digitalisation makes objects sensitive to the requirements of people. In turn, these objects leave a data trail on their use, providing companies with useful insights on the use of their products.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts