Big data has not been able to fulfil the excessive expectations. Although most people have become aware that inconspicuous details often help to solve problems, it is no longer possible even for modern computing centres to efficiently process enormous amounts of data. The big data must therefore be expanded to smart data, which focuses more on beneficial and high-quality data. Upcoming solutions are characterized by the fact that they reduce data volumes to what is most valuable in them, even before they are fully evaluated. This makes it possible to predict future scenarios, such as potential accident situations and maintenance intervals.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts