The topics of sexual orientation and gender identity have been much discussed in recent times. Most Western societies are now much more open to homosexuality than in the past. In Germany, this attitude has now found its way into law with the newly adopted same-sex marriage bill. Not least due to the growing visibility of different lifestyle concepts in social media, the idea of a flexible identity spectrum for sexuality and gender is becoming more popular among younger people. In the cosmetics and fashion world, the attribute “genderless” is therefore becoming more relevant. This refers to styles, products and hairstyles whose colours and designs do not correspond to traditional gender clichés.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts