Sensation Marketing attempts to create attention through the use of creative, refined and partially irritating means. Campaigns far removed from conventional billboard advertising, in unexpected locations and unusual places, are the termed Ambient Media. Building façades, street lamps or trees - all conceivable contact points are used in combination with unconventional, interactive and multimedial implementations of the brand. Another form of Sensation Marketing is Guerilla Marketing. Typical for this is the comparably low allocation of funds. Images and videos resulting from such promotions are often later shared on social media to multiply marketing effectiveness.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts