Brands use sensation marketing to generate attention with the help of creative, sophisticated and sometimes confounding out-of-home stunts. Images and videos can accompany such stunts online so that they can be shared in social media. This multiplies the advertising effect greatly. When campaigns move away from traditional billboard advertising to unexpected locations and unusual places, this is referred to as ambient media. Building facades, streetlights and trees – all conceivable contact points are used for unconventional, interactive and multimedia brand promotions. Guerilla marketing is yet another form of sensation marketing. One feature of this format is its comparably low use of means and resources.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts