With increasing mobile media consumption comes the desire from consumers for seamless transition between media consumption phases. Smartphones or mobile game consoles are already networked with each other as standard for interaction between users. In the next step, the constant synchronisation with household entertainment and information centres will become increasingly important. Second Screen applications on smartphones and tablets can access additional content synchronous to the TV (for example, using audio signal analysis) or seamlessly continue shows begun at home. Moreover, internet-capable TVs (Smart TVs) will become the central interface for networking devices and content in the living room.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts