The increased use of mobile media sees users trying to organize the switch between their phases of media consumption as seamlessly as possible. Smart TVs are the central interface for the connection of devices and content in the living room. Second-screen applications make it possible to access additional content via an audio signal analysis on smartphones and tablets while watching TV shows. Series begun at home can then be seamlessly continued on the go via the cloud. Home-based assistance systems like Amazon Echo and Google Home are now establishing themselves as a new interface. Voice control allows users to easily access music and films, which increases the overall convenience of media usage.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts