Robotics is not only about automating specific tasks (such as in industrialised production) previously undertaken by humans. Robots are now also being designed for use in human environments to perform and deliver services and, thereby, expand people's scope of action. This includes using them in caring for the elderly, in healthcare services, operating rooms, for entertainment and social applications, and even in classrooms. The more intelligent and emotional robots become - primarily thanks to self-learning - the more complex the tasks they will be able to take over in the future.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts