From the industrial perspective, robotics is all about the automation of production tasks that were previously performed by humans. This step helps to make considerable savings in costs and resources. Robots are now also being built for direct use with humans so that they can provide services to and for customers, and expand people’s scope of action. They can be used to look after the elderly and infirm, as well as in operating rooms. They can provide entertainment and social interaction or help out as teachers. The more intelligent and emotional robots become – mainly thanks to their ability to learn independently – the more complex the tasks they will perform in future.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts