Each day 3.5 million tons of waste are created. By 2025 it is estimated that this figure will almost have doubled. One solution is "Reuse, Reduce, Recycle", from which an independent economy has already grown. Waste dumps are being used for Landfill Mining as sources of secondary resources. Consumer goods are given new purpose after use (Upcycling). The brand Freitag, for example, has been successfully producing bags from lorry tarpaulins for a long time already. Another characteristic of REconomy is Re-Commerce, in which used objects, such as mobiles, are bought, reconditioned and reintroduced onto the market.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts