The exponential increase in computing power is enabled by the next generation of computers, which are based on the laws of quantum mechanics. Quantum computers are around one hundred million times faster than digital computers. With their help, database searches are accelerated, complex systems can be simulated and today’s encryption technologies can be cracked. The company D-Wave Systems is the first provider of commercial quantum computing and its first customers include NASA and Google. In future, it will be possible to acquire a quantum computer’s processing power from the cloud. Quantum clouds could well become the platforms of the future and they will be provided by major IT companies to trigger the era of hypercomputation.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts