Proximity Marketing will allow brands to get closer to people more than ever before, and adapt their communications to specific environments via mobile devices. Data exchange channels include RFID, NFC, ultrasound and Bluetooth. Apple's iBeacon technology uses the efficient BLE standard. In combination with indoor navigation, this makes it possible to communicate with customers in relation to their specific position, directing them to the right products at the POS. Information is not only becoming closer to people, it is actively finding its way to them. By integrating it into the environment, it becomes a valuable guide, changing the requirements of customised marketing.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts