In proximity marketing, people are sent advertising messages spontaneously based on their current location. Small radio modules transfer messages about local deals to passers-by at bus stops or stores. The technology behind this is beacons – a class of Bluetooth devices. A network of beacons can enable precise customer targeting and navigation even at the point of sale. In this way, information does not just get closer to people, but proactively introduces itself to them. Through their integration into their surroundings, beacons become valuable companions and change the shape of customized marketing.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts