Platform economy refers to the prevailing organisation forms of digital marketplaces. This is where supply and demand successfully meet with regard to information, goods, jobs and services like ride-shares. The placement business model has created many well-known names over the last few years, including Uber and Airbnb. The greatest asset of such platforms is in their collected and analysed data, which enables the development of deep customer relations without ever physically interacting with customers. Whereas it used to require a great deal of effort to use certain goods and services jointly, they are now made available without complications – this is also known as the “sharing economy”.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts