Not only sports shoes are becoming personalised, medical treatment can also be adapted to the needs of patients. Primarily because gene therapy has become significantly cheaper and big data systems increasingly high performance, the vision of personalised treatment and medication has already become a reality. Particularly in the case of cancer treatment and chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, the composition and dosage of medication already draws on personal data (illness and family history, genetic disposition etc.). 3D printers, which will eventually be used to manufacture medication in the home, will bring personalised medicine to the next level.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts