Work hard, play hard – the overtime cult of consulting and agency companies has spilled over to other sectors. Many people believe that real performance means working until late in the evening. At home, there is also pressure to keep functioning in one’s private life. Instagram-worthy interior decoration, optimized wardrobes, marathon training, exciting holidays – it’s all about living up to extremely high standards. Botox and hair transplants are used to combat the first signs of ageing. Performance food, sleep assistants and meditation applications serve to enable permanent top performances. In the performance culture, many people commit themselves to total self-optimization.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts