Net culture refers to the way users shape the online sphere. The new communications culture is chiefly visual and understood globally. Passing waves of solidarity or outrage, viral phenomena, hashtags, emojis and cat content are also part of this, as is a sharing mentality. Memes, i.e. images with funny texts, refer to everyday and current events or to various phenomena in pop culture. The net culture and its special conventions and opinion leaders is not a closed virtual microcosm. Its fruit often finds its way into mainstream media or general language use. New codes emerge that companies have to be able to understand and decipher if they wish to reach Millennials and Generation Z.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts