In the face of more and more cases of cause-washing, Corporate Social Responsibilty (CSR) has lost its effectiveness. Consumers no longer trust the supposed goodwill of companies. Now companies are going on the offensive in a new way: Whereas CSR was only in regard to the responsibilities of a company's own processes, now attention is being drawn to societal togetherness. Similar to public institutions, global companies are promoting values and norms capable of achieving consensus as a way to smooth the path to a better society. The emotional tone of the new brand message is crucial: The more it hits home with consumers, the greater the possibility of their identification with it. Big brands are establishing moral instances to win back the lost trust of their customers.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts