The all-purpose smartphone has long been able to act as a wallet. Whether it's in the supermarket or at home on the couch – mobile payments simplify purchases as well as provide a clear overview of transactions. Completely cashless payments are already present in Asia and Africa where unstable currencies and the low circulation of bank notes in developing countries form the optimal conditions for alternative payment systems. The increasing focus of these markets on mobile payment solutions could prove pioneering for industrial nations and increasingly displace cash.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts