The current generation of parents consists of Millennials who have a more relaxed approach to children and family life than previous generations. Millennials grew up with digital media and have already seen more of the world in their young years than their parents at the age of retirement. These experiences also form part of their parenthood. Parental roles are no longer divided into breadwinner and housewife models in a house in the country, as couples now choose equality and keep their flat in the city as they wish continue enjoying their lives despite, or rather because of, the children. Naturally enough, life is shared on social media platforms and although it is sometimes idealised, it is often portrayed surprisingly honestly.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts