Location-based services provide specific services to the users of mobile devices based on their current location. Examples include route planners, restaurant finders, entertainment formats for the smartphone and location-based advertising. The user’s location can be ever more precisely tracked via GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (beacons). This enables retailers to send coupons, for example, to people passing by their stores in an effort to persuade them to enter. When location data is added to media content like photos and videos on digital platforms, the content can be displayed on an interactive map together with this meta information. This gives the data some added value and ensures that users can interact with their surroundings when on the go.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts