Location-based Services are services mobile device users have access to depending on their location. Examples of these are route planners, restaurant finders, entertainment programs for the mobiles, or location-based advertising (see Proximity Marketing). The area in which coupons or media content is available to users can be precisely defined by providers (geofencing). Private photos and videos can also be assigned to specific areas and only accessed by exclusive circles of friends.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts