Lifestyle is a vehicle for embodying one's own identity. Ever more new lifestyle combinations are appearing as a result of the search for a return on distinction. While subcultures and their associated lifestyles of the past could be allocated to a specific heyday of their existence, now everything exists at the same time and is becoming increasingly flexible and combinable (Patchwork Identities). The most important dimensions are values, opinions, appearance, leisure activities (such as sports holiday destinations) and general consumer decisions and nutrition. From the living room to the wedding buffet, it's either all DIY, minimalistic or Local Heritage. Quantified Selfer, Downshifters, LOCAS, Extreme Sport Lifestyle - new markets are arising around cultural codes and tastemakers.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts