Lifestyle is a vehicle for securing one’s own identity. New lifestyle combinations arise when looking for different forms of distinction. Where subcultures used to replace each other with ever new lifestyles, everything now exists at the same time and can be combined flexibly. The most important dimensions are values, opinions, external appearances, leisure activities, such as sports and holiday destinations, as well as general consumer decisions and diet choices. Every aspect of life is supposed to reflect one’s own style. Quantified self, mindful living, van & camping lifestyle – new markets are continually emerging based on cultural codes and tastes.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts