Glasses which provide a window into a virtual environment in which the wearer can move freely about. Their fingers can feel objects which do not exist. Special equipment allows users to immerse themselves in a computer-generated world. What initially sounds like the stuff of video games actually offers a broad basis for different applications. Experiencing and exploring products from anywhere in the world becomes possible. Training scenarios can be simulated without any actual danger, hugely contributing to the training of pilots or surgeons etc. In the future, the physical world will be adjoined by a virtual space in which experiences are endless.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts