The latest technology makes it possible to break through natural barriers. In the future, the human body will seen as a building block which can be redesigned as needed. Pacemakers, hearing aids and prostheses have become established aids in compensating for physical disabilities. These are now the experimental basis for implants in the human body to universally increase human potential. So-called Wetware is capable of controlling complex processes in the human body. Other applications are exterior implants on the body, such as an exoskeleton for improved strength. Even ambitious goals such as increasing the human lifespan and even questioning mortality can already be considered.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts