While Participation Marketing rewards participation, Experiential Marketing is about interaction with the brand through intensive experience. Discourse occurs across all five senses. Applications range from real or virtual experience worlds to installations that incorporate the user's mood, to the olfactory marketing of a new spice at bus stops. Often discoveries in neuroscience are applied. Even the processes behind a customer choosing for or against a product are being researched to draw deductions in relation to the design, colours and messages of marketing communication.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts