Effective self management has become imperative for a flexible society. Thanks to cheap and simple-to-use technologies, the DIY ethos has now entered the realm of healthcare. Self examinations, diagnoses and treatments in particular, play an important role. Diagnostic devices are becoming smaller; portable laboratories are no larger than computer chips ("lab-on-a-chip"). Other interface technologies, such as cameras and intelligent textiles enable the non-invasive measuring of vital functions. Self-analysis tools also advise seeing a doctor in the case of certain symptons.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts