Data is the new oil - a thesis which has been around for a long time. However, it has only recently become apparent just how accurate the analogy is: Like a newly created natural resource, data is mined ubiquitously and refined using complex processes to finally be of value. Service providers foster the new resource in almost every area of life that has become connected to the internet. Data, flowing from many sources, is semantically connected to enable the extraction of valuable information, such as user behaviour and shopping habits. These additional findings serve to improve processes or be sold like a commodity – to the extent that user agreements allow it.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts