Digitalisation has significantly increased the extent to which people are able to participate in shaping urban environments. Anyone is able to launch or support new city panning projects via crowdfunding platforms. Such commitment has given rise to islands of relaxation, such as the New York park on disused subway lines. By freely sharing their data, citizens help optimise transport planning or analyse air quality. Public calls on citizens to help are creating a whole new realm of innovation. Once promising solutions are found, people willing to help the city finance projects come together and help enlarge the often limited public resources.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts