Clean Tech describes environmentally-friendly technologies and practices, the use of which result in emission reductions and the preservation of resources, along with increased efficiency. The driving forces of the clean tech economy are the growth in environmental awareness, the ecological pursuit of growth through increased efficiency, and the political will to regulate CO2. Concrete clean tech applications are solutions for energy saving, independent energy production and storage (such as wind, solar and geo-thermal energy) and practices avoiding or reducing air, water and ground pollution, along with sustainable mobility solutions. The goal of clean tech is to completely avoid emissions.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts