The direct interface between the nervous system and computers is the end level of communication between humans and machines. In terms of performance, reaction times and precision, it is potentially superior to all other input devices. The progress being made in such applications is primarily thanks to our ever-increasing understanding of how the human brain works. Despite the fact that controlling machines by thought feels like it belongs to the distant future, BCIs are already being used by patients to control their prosthetics. The brain is slowly becoming the operating system in interacting with the environment, and becoming ever more technologically smarter. The future already holds the potential of being able to directly connect to the brain, and opening up new paths of communication.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts