Automation will turn our understanding of mobility on its head in the coming years. First there will be driver assistance systems, easing the driver's burden by taking over easier tasks such as driving in traffic jams and parking. Over time, autonomous systems will completely take over control of vehicles. The time this will free up opens possibilities for leisure and work opportunities. Autonomous or semi-autonomous cars will also change logistics and bring greater safety and less pollution.
While computers take over driving, drivers can dedicate themselves to leaning back and managing administrative tasks, such as route planning and task scheduling.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts