Ambient Assisted Living describes technological assistance systems promising support for an independent life in old age and increased quality of life. Wearable techology, sensors, apps and online services alleviate the burden of everyday tasks. AAL environments adjust themselves automatically, proactively and situation-specific to the user's needs and goals. Here, the Smart Home plays an important role: its built-in security system guaranteeing protection. Family and other members of the support network can be notified about any changes in daily routines. In future, AAL systems will be expanded to include specially developed care robots.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts