By 2050 there will be over 9 billion people on the planet. The demand for agricultural products and meat will grow accordingly. Agricultural space must double to meet demand - something which is not possible. Solutions to increase efficiency and creating alternative farmland must be found. Alternative farmland includes Urban Gardening or Vertical Farming. Existing areas can be optimally farmed using so-called Precision Farming. This data-assisted process allows the properties of the earth and the varying productiveness within a field to be taken into account. Agriculture drones monitor fields and continually help to optimally record the condition of crops.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts