The demand for food is increasing due to the growth in the world’s population. At the same time, the consequences of climate change are adding to the risk of crop failure. A resistant and efficient solution to the question of food production in such difficult conditions comes in the shape of vertical farming. Stacking shelves on top of each other is an excellent way of creating large areas for agriculture in a small space. This system can be used in cities for decentralized food production. Conventional spaces for agriculture can then be farmed optimally with the help of data-based precision farming. Agricultural drones monitor fields automatically on modern farms and thereby help to track the state of crops.
MORE TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICE CASES?
You can find worldwide best practice examples on this macro-trend in our online tool, the Trendexplorer:
- Access to the latest and most relevant innovations worldwide
- Finding useful information with targeted searches
- Creating impressive presentations in PowerPoint or PDF
- Collaboratively working on trend researches
- Staying up-to-date with individual trend alerts